MAJOR APPLIANCE WARRANTY
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the
product, Amana brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter “Amana”) will pay for factory specified parts and repair labor to
correct defects in materials or workmanship. Service must be provided by an Amana designated service company. This limited warranty is valid only in
the United States or Canada and applies only when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. Outside the 50 United States
and Canada, this limited warranty does not apply. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or repair house fuses,
or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
2. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty coverage.
3. Repairs when your major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary to
published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in accordance with electrical
or plumbing codes, or use of consumables or cleaning products not approved by Amana.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage results from defects
in materials or workmanship and is reported to Amana within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Costs associated with the removal from your home of your major appliance for repairs. This major appliance is designed to be repaired in the home
and only in-home service is covered by this warranty.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an authorized Amana
servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance with published
11. Major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined. This warranty is void if the
factory applied serial number has been altered or removed from your major appliance.
The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE
SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. AMANA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND
PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE
DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR
PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Amana dealer to determine if another warranty applies. 9/07
For additional product information or to view FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), visit www.amana.com.
If you do not have access to the Internet and you need assistance using your product, you may contact Amana at the number below.
Have your complete model number ready. You can find your model number and serial number on the label located on the upper or lower front
facing of the microwave oven opening, behind the door.
For assistance or service, call 1-800-843-0304.
If you need further assistance, you can write to Amana with any questions or concerns at:
Amana Brand Home Appliances
Customer eXperience Center
553 Benson Road
Benton Harbor, MI 49022-2692
Please include a daytime phone number in your correspondence.
Please keep this User Guide and model number information for future reference.