2 - English
©2013 Bose Corporation. No part of this work may be reproduced, modied, distributed, or otherwise used without written permission.
Please read this owner’s guide
Please take the time to follow the instructions in this owner’s guide carefully. It will help
you set up and operate your system properly and enjoy its advanced features. Please
save this guide for future reference.
WARNING: Contains small parts which may be a choking hazard. Not suitable
for children under age 3.
WARNING: This product contains magnets which can be harmful to
• Contains small parts which may be a choking hazard. Not suitable
for children under age 3.
• This product contains magnets which can be harmful to
• To reduce the risk of re or electrical shock, do not expose the
product to rain or moisture.
• Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects
lled with liquids, such as vases, on or near the apparatus. As with any elec-
tronic products, use care not to spill liquids into any part of the system. Liquids
can cause a failure and/or a re hazard.
• Do not place any naked ame sources, such as lighted candles, on or near the
• Use caution when using your headset/headphones while operating a vehicle or
engaging in any activity that requires your full attention. Check and follow local
laws regarding mobile phone and headphone/headset use. Some jurisdictions
impose specic limitations, such as single earpiece conguration, on the use of
such products while driving.
• Sounds that you rely on as reminders or warnings may have an unfamiliar
character when using headphones. Be aware of how these sounds may vary in
character so you can recognize them as needed.
• DO NOT use mobile phone adapters to connect headphones to airplane seat
jacks as this could result in personal injury such as burns or property damage
due to overheating. Remove and disconnect immediately if you experience
warming sensation or loss of audio.
• Except in case of emergency, Bose recommends that you NOT use these
headphones as aviation communication headsets because:
- No incoming audio will be heard with a discharged or improperly installed
battery. This could result in the potential of missed communications while
piloting an aircraft.
- Extremely loud ambient noise levels common to many propeller-driven
aircraft may impair your ability to receive incoming audio communications,
particularly during takeoff and climb out.
- The Bose
headphones are not engineered for noise
conditions, altitude, temperature or other environmental conditions common
in non-commercial aircraft, resulting in possible interference to critical com-
• Do not submerge or expose for extended period to water or wear while partici-
pating in water sports, i.e. swimming, waterskiing, surng, etc.
• Do not leave a battery on prolonged charge when not in use.
• Refer to the owners guide for safety related information.
• Make no modications to the system or accessories. Unauthorized alterations
may compromise safety, regulatory compliance, and system performance.
• Long-term exposure to loud music may cause hearing damage. It is best
to avoid extreme volume when using headphones, especially for extended
• Use only with an agency approved power supply meeting local regulatory
requirements (ex. UL, CSA, VDE, CCC).
• Refer to the power supply owner’s guide for safety related information.
• Do not use headphones when operating a motor vehicle or anywhere the in-
ability to hear outside sounds may present a danger to you or others.
• Do not drop, sit on or allow the headphones to be immersed in water.
• Be sure the earcup ports are kept clear, and that no moisture is allowed to get
inside the earcup.
• The Bose AE2w Bluetooth headphones do not require scheduled cleaning.
Should cleaning be necessary, simply wipe the outside surfaces with a soft
Bose Corporation hereby declares that this product is in compliance with the
essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC
and all other applicable EU directive requirements. The complete declaration
of conformity can be found at: www.Bose.com/compliance.
Important Safety Instructions
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth.
7. Only use attachments/accessories specied by the manufacturer.
This device complies with FCC and Industry Canada RF radiation exposure limits set forth
for general population. It must not be co-located or be operating in conjunction with any
other antenna or transmitter.
In the United States:
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equip-
ment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and
used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio com-
munications. However, this is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television recep-
tion, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, you are encouraged
to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment to an outlet on a different circuit than the one to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modications not expressly approved by Bose Corporation could void the
user’s authority to operate this equipment.
In USA and Canada:
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules and Industry Canada license exempt
RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may
not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This class B digital apparatus complies with CAN ICES-3 B / NMB-3 B.
Output power less than 6.3mW (8 dBm).
Other agency markings
FCC ID: A94BA1
Engineered in the United States
Made in China
Meets IDA Requirements
Names and Contents of Toxic or Hazardous Substances or Elements
Toxic or Hazardous Substances and Elements
Part Name Lead (Pb) Mercury (Hg) Cadmium (Cd)
Metal parts X 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
Speakers X 0 0 0 0 0
Cables X 0 0 0 0 0
O: Indicates that this toxic or hazardous substance contained in all of the homogeneous materials for this part is below the
limit requirement in SJ/T 11363-2006.
X: Indicates that this toxic or hazardous substance contained in at least one of the homogeneous materials used for this part is
above the limit requirement in SJ/T 11363-2006.