DRYER OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Many drying problems involve poor cleaning results, poor soil and stain removal, residues of lint and scum, and fabric
damage. For satisfactory drying results, follow these suggestions provided by The Soap and Detergent Association.
PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSES SOLUTIONS PREVENTIVE MEASURES
• Fabric softener sheet. • Rub fabric softener stains with
bar soap. Rinse and rewash.
• Add a few bath towels to small loads
for proper tumbling.
• Some “silk-like” fabrics should be air
• Use proper drying temperature.
• Place fabric softener sheet on top of
load before starting the dryer.
Lint • Overloading.
• Overdrying causes static
• Lint screen not clean when
• Lint is attached to “pills.”
• Reduce load size and rewash
using liquid fabric softener in the
ﬁ nal rinse.
• Or, add a fabric softener sheet
and tumble without heat.
• Use lint brush or roller to remove
• Do not overload dryer.
• Use fabric softener in washer or dryer
to reduce static electricity.
• Remove items when they are slightly
damp to avoid overdrying.
• Check that lint ﬁ lter is clean and in
off, ball up and
cling to fabric.)
• Overdrying. • Use a lint brush or shaver to
• Use fabric softener to lubricate ﬁ bers.
• When ironing, use spray starch or
fabric ﬁ nish on collars and cuffs.
• Turn items inside out to reduce abra-
Shrinking • Temperature too high.
• Irreversible condition. • Follow fabric care label directions.
• If shrinking is a concern, check load
• Remove items while slightly damp and
hang or lay ﬂ at to complete drying.
• Block knits into shape.
Wrinkling • Overloading.
• Leaving items in dryer after
• Reduce load size and tumble at
medium or low heat for 5-10
• Remove items immediately. Hang
• Do not overload dryer.
• Remove items as soon as cycle ends.
Use the drying rack to dry items which should not be
tumble dried. If your model did not come with a drying
rack, you may order one.
1. Open the dryer door and remove the lint screen.
2. Insert drying rack into the dryer drum. Place the front
bar under the lip of the lint screen opening.
3. Place items to be dried on top of the rack. Weight
should not exceed 10 lbs. Leave space between items,
but do not let items hang over the sides or through
the grids. Do not tumble other items when using the
4. Select a timed cycle. If items to be dried contain
plastic, foam rubber, rubber-like materials, feathers or
down, then only use the air dry temperature setting.
5. When items are dry, remove the rack and replace
the lint screen. If lint screen is not in place, tumbling
items could enter the exhaust system and cause
damage to the dryer.
Common Drying Problems
Drying Rack (some models)
Place the front bar
under the lip of the lint