Clean the lint ﬁ lter after every load.
CARE AND CLEANING
Fabric softener may build up in the dispenser
well. Residue should be removed once or twice
• Before cleaning the laundry center interior, unplug the electrical
power cord to avoid electrical shock hazards.
• Do not use any type spray cleanser when cleaning the dryer
interior. Hazardous fumes or electrical shock could occur.
• Clean the lint ﬁ lter after every load. Lint build-up on the ﬁ lter
restricts air ﬂ ow, which causes longer drying times. The ﬁ lter is
located at the bottom of the door opening. Remove by pulling
straight up. Remove the lint and replace the ﬁ lter.
• Occasionally a waxy build-up may form on the lint ﬁ lter and/or
moisture sensing bars from using dryer-added fabric softener
sheets. To remove this build-up, wash them with warm, soapy
water. Dry the ﬁ lter thoroughly and replace. Do not operate the
dryer without the lint ﬁ lter in place.
• If the dryer drum becomes stained from noncolorfast fabrics,
clean the drum with a damp cloth and a mild liquid household
cleanser. Remove cleanser residue before drying the next load.
• Every 18 months an authorized servicer should clean the dryer
cabinet interior and exhaust duct. These areas can collect lint
and dust over time. An excessive amount of lint build-up could
result in inefﬁ cient drying and possible ﬁ re hazard.
• Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends.
Excess wrinkling, color transfer, and odors may develop in items
left in the washer.
• Dry the washer top, the area around the lid opening, and the
underside of the lid. These areas should always be dry before the
lid is closed.
• Before cleaning the washer interior, unplug the electrical power
cord to avoid electrical shock hazards.
• When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty residue
may remain on the tub. Remove this by wiping the tub with a
nonabrasive household cleanser. Rinse thoroughly with water.
• The base plate or tub may become stained from fabric dye.
Clean these parts with a nonabrasive household cleanser. This
prevents dye transfer to future loads.
FABRIC SOFTENER DISPENSER
• Remove the dual chamber insert (a) from the bleach and fabric
softener dispenser by pinching at the chamber divider and lifting
upward. Also remove the siphon cap (b).
• Rinse the insert and cap with a combination of ¾ cup liq-
uid chlorine bleach and 1 gallon hot tap water to remove any
buildup. Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate
improper dilution or more frequent cleaning is required. Rinse
well with tap water.
• For the dispenser well, use a small brush to clean the recesses.
Remove all residue.
• Replace the siphon cap and insert by pressing it in place until
you hear a slight click.
A clothes dryer produces combustible lint.
The dryer must be connected to an outdoors
exhaust. Regularly inspect the outdoor exhaust
opening and remove any accumulation of lint
around the opening and in the surrounding area.
To reduce risk of ﬁ re or serious injury to persons or property,
comply with the basic warnings listed in the
and those listed below.